Dir: Federico Fellini
Italy, 1954, 107 minmins, DCP
Cast: Anthony Quinn, Giulietta Masina, Richard Basehart
Taking a path less traveled, Fellini blends neorealism with bizarre flights of imagery into wildest fantasy, making his cinema both magical and wholly unique. In a folktale-like odyssey through the waste grounds of postwar Italy, three freighted characters – a sweet naïve girl, a brutal strolling strongman, and a kind-hearted mischievous fool – impart a poetic fable of love and cruelty. The circus, the parades and the seashore have since become “Felliniesque” visual trademarks, while La Strada triumphed as the first of his four Oscars for Best Foreign Language Film.
Academy Awards: Best Foreign Language Film
Venice Film Festival: Silver Lion
8/11 (Sun): Seminar with Ernest Chan, Geoffrey Wong. Conducted in Cantonese. Free Admission
Federico Fellini 100 is part of the Federico Fellini 100 Tour, a series of centennial tributes to Federico Fellini (1920–1993), which will travel to major museums and film institutions worldwide, coordinated by Paola Ruggiero and Camilla Cormanni from Luce Cinecittà. All films (unless noted) have been digitally restored by Luce Cinecittà, Cineteca di Bologna and Cine teca Nazionale.
- aegaweg (Venue)
- test1807en (Venue)
- EMP Cinemas iSQUARE (Venue)
- venue-with-image0824 (Venue)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- K11 Art House (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Tai Kwun (Venue)
- MOViE MOViE (Venue)
- Cine Moko
- Broadway Hollywood
- CINE FAN ONLINE
- Kyle EN
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. For screenings at ALL commercial cinemas, tickets are available at URBTIX till 5:00pm one day before respective screenings. After that, tickets will be available only at the box office of the screening venue on the day of screening, subject to availability.
3. Screenings at HK Arts Centre, HK Film Archive and Tai Kwun: For screenings that are about to start in 1 hour, all remaining tickets can only be bought at the box offices of the respective screening venues.
4. For the sold-out screenings at HK Arts Centre and HK Film Archive, a limited number of standing tickets are available at the URBTIX Outlets of the respective venues 30 minutes prior to the screening time. Seating is not guaranteed and subject to availability 30 minutes after the screening time. Each person can purchase 1 standing ticket. The availability of standing tickets is subject to change without prior notice.
5. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till 1 hour prior to the respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
6. While it is the HKIFFS’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, the HKIFFS will appreciate its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.